2022 Holiday Gift – Supporting Small Businesses in Ontario
At Discovered Intelligence the holiday season is an opportunity to celebrate our employees’ contributions to a successful year, by connecting with everyone over a big holiday dinner and surprising them with a fun holiday gift.
These gifts vary from year to year, but for the past few years we have put together a gift bag for our employees containing products from independent small businesses across Ontario, to make up a very tasty and warm gift bag. The last few years have been particularly challenging for small businesses, due to the many lockdowns and ‘shopping local’ is a great way to provide support.
Read on to find out more about the items in our employee holiday bag and the small businesses they were sourced from. We urge everyone to please not forget to continue to support small businesses in 2023!
- Sourced from Cherry Lane, cherry farm in Vineland, Ontario
- Since 1907, Cherry Lane has been providing tart cherries, tart cherry juice concentrate, and a variety of other fruit products to consumers. The members of the Smith family, who own and operate Cherry Lane, have always been proud to be Ontario fruit farmers.
Ontario Grown Nuts
- Sourced from in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario
- Peanuts were introduced to the Southwestern Ontario’s sandy soils of Norfolk County in 1979, by the Picard Family. You’ll find the best quality confections, freshly roasted peanuts – in many flavours and varieties and at each of their five locations in Ontario.
- Sourced from Wellesley Brand Apple Products, Wellesley, Ontario
- Wellesley has been manufacturing Quality Apple Products using the finest ingredients & time-tested recipes for over 75 years. All products use Ontario grown, fresh quality apples and are naturally sweet, made without the use of added sugar or sweeteners.
Chocolate Dipped Shortbread
- Sourced from the Niagara Food Company, St Catharine’s, Ontario
- Niagara Food Company has been creating home-style, gourmet meals and sweet treats since 2010. We source local ingredients to create high quality, delicious food and snacks.
Locally Made Chocolate
- Sourced from CFX – Chocolate Factory Experience, St David’s, Ontario
- Carefully crafted using artisanal chocolate panning and molding techniques at their in-house chocolate factory, CFX provides an incredible assortment of products that can delight even the most discriminating palate.
Handcrafted Gourmet Fudge
- Sourced from Alexander’s Fudge, Smithville, Ontario
- Alexander’s Fudge was started in Smithville, Ontario in 2013 by Chris Alexander. Made with real butter and cream, Alexander’s Fudge is simply the best you’ve ever had!
Butter Caramel Gourmet Sauce
- Sourced from Moyers Farm, Beamsville, Ontario
- The Moyer apple farm has been in the family since 1799. The company specializes in thoughtfully crafted caramel apples and gourmet sauces that look great and taste even better, so that you enjoy every bite.
Interested in learning more about working at Discovered Intelligence? Good news, we’re hiring! Click here for more details.